In true European fashion, evening activities typically start on the later side in Barcelona. Cocktails, meals and the nightlife all commence hours past the acceptable times in other parts of the world, which means that the late afternoon siesta is a must if you plan on getting the full experience of nightlife in Barcelona. Head back to your short term rental, take a snooze after a long day of exploring the city’s beautiful sites, then grab an espresso and get ready to hit the town for some wine, tapas, and finally the epic Barcelona clubs!
There are a number of districts throughout that city that are known for their nightlife, each of them housing a variety of clubs to choose from. Here are some of the most popular areas to check out for the best nightlife in Barcelona.
The Gothic Quarter
The most historical part of the city with many buildings dating back to the old medieval village, this is probably the most popular downtown area to experience nightlife in Barcelona.
- Club Elephant Restaurant & Lounge is perfect if you want to experience the nightlife without the disco club scene, but rather at a laid back lounge.
Address: Carrer Pau Claris, 92
- Sidecar Factory Club is the quintessential disco nightclub in Plaza Reial with different DJs every night who will be playing until dawn.
Address: Plaça Reial, 7
- Macarena Club is a tiny underground type of place known for its raging techno beats and its proximity to the famous Las Ramblas.
Address: Carrer Nou de Sant Francesc, 5
- MOOG is another famous discotheque known for hosting pioneers in electronic music.
Address: Carrer Arc del Teatre, 3
Nightlife at the Beach
Known for being Europe’s premier beach city, Barcelona nightlife doesn’t stop once you hit the water, it only gets louder.
- Catwalk Club is one of the most famous clubs in all of Barcelona, frequently hosting international DJs.
Address: Carrer de Ramon Trias Fargas, 2-4
- Mondo Club sits back off the beach, unlike other clubs in the area, and is known for its terrace overlooking the yachts docked at the port.
Address: Moll Princep d’Espanya
- CDLC Club is Barcelona’s most exclusive beachside club attracting many of the city’s most rich and famous inhabitants and visitors.
Address: Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta, 32
Have you ever been to a club on top of a mountain that overlooks a world class city below? Poble Espanyol de Montjuïc has its own nightlife scene attracting many locals and visitors alike to this gorgeous place that undoubtedly has the best view of the stars of any other place in the city, something you can appreciate while staying up all night partying.
Can you imagine any better way to end a night of fun and dancing than to watch the sun rise over the city? La Terrrazza Club is a large outdoor club in the center of Poble Espanyol that is the ideal place for an all-night party anytime this summer. Also located at Poble Espanyol, another offering is called Sala Upload, which is a concert hall and dance club whose programming complements its neighbour
The nightlife in Barcelona is impressive, and always a lot of fun whether you’re interested in the all-night scene or just want to experience the late night tapas and drinks that the locals call dinner. If you are looking for a late night – or rather, an early morning – but want to forgo the crowded disco then seek out one of the lounge clubs that are becoming all the more popular all over the city. A night out in Barcelona is bound to be full of delicious food, great music, and a colourful crowd.