Where to find the best Paella in Barcelona? Paella is a popular rice dish served across Spain and is often the focal point for family gatherings and long weekend lunches. Paella can be prepared with seafood, meat or vegetables and thus caters for a variety of culinary preferences. We’ve searched high and low for the best paella in Barcelona, so if you are a fan, pay careful attention to the following recommendations.
Top 5 best paella in Barcelona
- At the top of our list for the provider of the best paella in Barcelona is Barraca, located a stone´s throw from the waterfront in Barceloneta. Barraca´s outdoor terrace on Passeig de Marítim provides the ideal spot to sit back and absorb the local atmosphere whilst sampling mouth-watering dishes from a menu prepared by acclaimed chef Xavier Pellier. The seafood paella here is not to be missed. However, if the idea of fresh seafood doesn´t tickle your tastebuds, the vegetarian paella comprised of organic produce is a great alternative. Due to its fabulous location and delectable dishes made from the freshest produce, Barraca undoubtedly serves up the best paella in Barcelona.
- Coming in at a close second is La Mar Salada, famed for its prawn and lobster paella. The restaurant, frequented by locals and foodies alike, is a family run business which operates with the help of top Catalan chef Ferran Adrià. This family-run restaurant serves high-quality, authentic paella dishes and easily clinches a title of of of the best paellas in Barcelona.
- Next up is Suquet de l’Almirall. This venue prides itself on using fresh produce straight from the port and offers a variety of paella dishes including mixed paella, noodle paella (fideuà) with lobster and a vegetarian option served with vegetables, olives and thyme. Suquet de l’Almirall´s maritime-inspired decor and attractive outdoor terrace make this place a true mecca for paella fans.
- In fourth place for the best paella in Barcelona is Cheriff. Cheriff serves up a selection of paella dishes including the not-to-be-missed Paella Cheriff, in a traditional, relaxed setting ideal for families. With its exceptional quality, wholesome food, local feel and terrace, it is easy to see why Cheriff is one of the most celebrated paella destinations in the city.
- Last but not least, paella fans should head to 7 Portes for a fusion of tradition, innovation and seasonal produce. 7 Portes is one of the most emblematic and popular paella establishments in Barcelona and after sampling speciality dishes such as Paella Parellada, it´s easy to see why.