Barcelona is an innately romantic city with tons of romantic spots. Historic monuments contrast modern design, and the whole city is cornered against the beach by lush green mountains. A city devoted to food and wine, there are date nights to be had in every hole-in-the-wall tapas restaurant you find. Tapas themselves are meant for sharing, served in small two-bite portions, and always paired with some national treasure of a wine or beer. Romantic restaurants in Barcelona aren’t hard to come by, and this city built for romance also offers other fashions of dining – excursions, really – that will give you and your sweetheart an experience to remember whenever you visit.
Romantic Restaurants in Barcelona
No matter what your taste, you’re sure to find plenty of romantic spots to eat in Barcelona. Below are a few of our choices for the most trendy restaurants in Barcelona.
- For a classic Mediterranean tasting menu, book your reservations at Con Gracia. This small, tasteful restaurant is elegant, intimate, and the perfect for romance.
- Joséphine is a charming café and comptoire. Their vintage style features a simple, yet delicious Mediterranean menu accompanied by tasty cocktails and often live jazz music. If you’re looking to keep it simple and a little eclectic this is a great option.
- For one of the cities best gastronomic experiences head to Mayura for interesting mix of Mediterranean and Indian cuisines in a relaxing environment. You won’t be disappointed by their fantastic cocktail list either.
- One of the new additions to the scene of romantic restaurants in Barcelona, Toto is known for great taste in both spectacular designs and an outstanding Italian-inspired menu.
- If you’re looking for an exquisite dining terrace then book your romantic dinner at Roig Robí. This is not only one of the most romantic restaurants in Barcelona, but also one of the most traditional with a menu boasting an unique and delicious interpretation of high Catalan cuisine.
Even More Romantic Things to Do in Barcelona
Private Hot Air Balloon Ride
If you’re looking for more than just a meal and some spectacular views of our gorgeous city, then this hot air balloon ride, which includes a traditional Catalan brunch, is a great way to celebrate a romantic holiday in Barcelona. Surprise your better half with this Barcelona birds eye trip and you’ll give the most exceptional gift – experience to share.
In the spirit of experiential dating, plan a night of cooking fun. This is a great twist on the traditional Valentine’s Day event, grouping activity with fine dining. Sign up for this Small Group Barcelona Cooking Class and learn the secrets of Spanish cuisine and master tapas dishes or paella. At the end of the challenge, led by a personal professional chef, enjoy the fruits of your labor among loved-ones.
This traveling Michelin-rated dining experience is among the most unique ways to experience the city’s views, culture and cuisine. Hop aboard the glass-roofed Gourmetbus and get a tour of Barcelona, accompanied by a famous Carls Gaig meal.
The numerous romantic restaurants in Barcelona to choose from will not disappoint you during your romantic occasion, nor will the amazing date-night activities about town. If you’re planning a special trip to celebrate the holiday with your sweetheart check out some of our romantic flats scattered about the city and surrounding countryside. This is a day for making memories, so make it special!